Switzerland is one of the best countries in Europe to move to from various points of view, among which the high living standards coupled with the quality of life and high wages. However, immigration to Switzerland can be tricky for both EU and non-EU citizens, as it is not an EU member state which implies both categories of immigrants.
When moving here, the help of an immigration lawyer in Switzerland is essential for a correct relocation procedure, and below, we invite you to read about how we can help you. With the help of our Swiss lawyers, the immigration procedure can be completed correctly, thus faster.
Table of Contents
Obtain residency with the help of our immigration lawyer in Switzerland
Foreign citizens interested in immigration to Switzerland have access to several types of visas that correspond to short-term, long-term, and permanent residency here. This is why, when seeking to move here, our immigration lawyer in Switzerland can advise on what type of visa to apply for.
Here are the main types of residence permits available for foreign citizens coming to Switzerland:
- L residence permits for short-term stays in Switzerland;
- B residence permits for long-term relocation to Switzerland;
- C residence permits which are the equivalent of permanent or settlement residence permits;
- special residence permits for employees of various international organizations and governmental agencies (Ci permit) and commuters (G permits);
- Schengen visas which allow for the free movement in all Schengen member states.
Each type of residence permit is subject to specific requirements which is why the help of an immigration lawyer in Switzerland will be useful. It should also be noted that Switzerland issues various types of residence visas for EU and non-EU citizens based on annual quotas, therefore an unsuccessful application can lead to a waiting period of one year.
Our immigration services in Switzerland
Our immigration lawyer in Switzerland is 100% committed to offering the necessary support to clients and can help with the following services:
- tailored assistance in choosing an appropriate type of Swiss residence permit in accordance with the nationality of the applicant;
- verification of the imposed quotas for specific countries and information about specific bilateral immigration agreements;
- legal advice before and after arriving in Switzerland based on the adequate residence permit;
- assistance with the document preparation, vetting and filing with the Swiss immigration authorities;
- verification of Swiss employers for those coming to this country based on work contracts;
- assistance in visa refusal cases and preparation for the reapplication procedure.
We have enumerated only some of the services provided by our immigration lawyer in Switzerland, which is why if you need any other information or have questions a direct discussion will help you.
You can also rely on us if you decide to apply for citizenship by investment in Switzerland.
Why choose our Swiss immigration lawyers?
Switzerland is not an ordinary country to immigrate to, considering the fact that it imposes specific quotas for the citizens of certain countries. This is one of the main reasons to choose the services of our immigration lawyer in Switzerland who will provide case-to-case assistance. This means that your case will be treated individually, and any possible solution will be considered in order to help you.
Professional advice is required no matter if you are a professional or a businessperson seeking to immigrate to Switzerland and our lawyers can provide you with suitable assistance. In order to guarantee the quality of our services, you should know that we are members of the Swiss Bar Association, therefore accredited lawyers to handle your case, no matter how complex it is.
If you decide to work with us, you will find a dedicated lawyer to handle your case and guide you through the entire immigration procedure. Furthermore, once moved here, our immigration lawyer in Switzerland will help you register with the authorities in the canton you will live in.
Reasons to move to Switzerland
Apart from the immigration reasons stated at the beginning of this article, Switzerland has more to offer. Among these, economic and political stability represent key motives for people to move here.
In terms of immigration statistics:
- in 2015, the number of immigrants in Switzerland increased by 17.52% compared to the numbers of 2010;
- in 2018, Switzerland had 2,686 permanent residents of foreign origin;
- in the same year, there were also 1,155 persons born in Switzerland from foreign parents;
- the number of Swiss citizens born abroad in 2018 was 128.
For assistance in moving here, please contact our immigration lawyer in Switzerland.